Thursday, June 16, 2016

You don't come to France with out visiting Paris. We spent our fourth and final week touring the city's many historical landmarks, castles, and museums. I have never before been exposed to so much art, history, and culture. The Louvre was amazing, if not over crowded. I honeslty never expected to come face to face with such world renowned original masterpieces like the Mona Lisa.

Mona Lisa


After the Louvre we visited Notre Dame, last I checked Notre Dame was a University in the U.S.. I had no idea it was an incredibly impressive gothic cathedral that took close to 200 years to build.


We also spent a substantial amount of time at the Musee D' Orsay. I don't know much about art and paintings but I do know that I enjoy impressionism above all else. Yet again we enjoyed the opportunity to view original masterpieces by world renowned imprssionists like Vincent Vangogh and Claude Monet.
Vangogh's "Stary Night"
Vangogh's self portrait.
Monet's Garden
Monet's Anne of Green Gabels
Dr. Levy gave us all a free day Wednesday. I spent the day walking around the city, making it a point to see the Eiffel Tower. As I stated previously; you don't come to France without visiting Paris, and you don't go to Paris with out viewing the Eiffle Tower. The intracacy of the design is breath taking. Much like landscapes in the Pyrennes, pictures just don't do it justice. Yet such landscapes and structures are highly photogynic, making it seem like I actually know how to take a proper photo.


All-in-all, this has been a great experience. Thanks Dr. Levy for putting this together for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment