Sunday, June 1, 2014

Bar-the-lo-na

I'm drained. this weekend started with excitement but quickly turned to frustration. Our train to Barcelona was canceled. this began a series of events that included train hopping to finally reach our destination. BUT it was defiantly worth it. So worth it that Barcelona will probably take up a majority of this blog.

First off the food was amazing. Every single thing we ate was fantastic. The nights were long and the drinks kept coming. People spoke plenty of English so getting around was much easier than in France. We definitely treated ourselves to a wonderful weekend. Between wandering the city, The clothing optional beach ;) , the Picasso museum and the restaurants, Barcelona will be the highlight of our time in Toulouse. Paris will have to work hard to match the Spanish experience.

On another note, the students from University of Georgia have returned home. We are now a measly six. Everything is much quieter and you can hear the laughter and fun we all had echoing through the empty halls of our hotel. It was fun Georgia!

Overall I still have the same impression of Toulouse that i did last weekend. It definitely feels like the norm right about now.

Alas I must admit I had been remiss in my last entry. I am not much of one for photos. I like to experience things through my eyeballs not through a camera screen. I have taken some photos though and hopefully i can make up for it here.

There might have been riots while we were there but its alll good the Ninja Turtles had our backs.
 Lots of Orchids
 Really cool orchids
 Aggie orchids
 Much Hand
 Cool arch we stumbles upon in Barcelona
 And a statue in front of a Roman wall
The Beach right before it started raining

No comments:

Post a Comment